APCU is a member-owned cooperative financial institution. This means as a member, you're part owner of the credit union. We're a not-for-profit organization, so we return profits to our members in the form of better rates and fewer fees. Once you're a member, you can remain a member for life, even if you change employers, relocate, or retire.
Who Can Join
Membership is open to any family members related by blood, marriage, or adoption to active or retired employees of the below listed eligible companies, organizations or associations. This means the following individuals are welcome to join: spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandchildren, grandparents, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, and in-laws of existing members.
How To Join
It's easy to become an APCU member! If you're eligible to join, all you have to do to get started is open a Primary Savings (Share) Account with a deposit of $5 or more. You can open an account by visiting our Online Application Center.
You are eligible to join APCU if you are employed by or retired from one of the companies, organizations, associations, or a resident of the Georgia counties listed below:
- The United States Postal Service (USPS) or others who are paid by contract under the authority of the Postmaster General
- National Rural Letter Carriers
- United Postmasters and Managers of America
- National Association of Retired Postal Inspectors
- 1st American Appraisals
- 4 Spine
- All State of Georgia employees or retirees of any State of Georgia agency, department, authority, bureau, board, commission, college, university, and elected officials
- American Federation of State, County & Municipal Employees (AFSCME) Local 1644
- Amalgamated Transit Union Local 732
- Any firm or business that has a business relationship with APCU
- Individuals living in or working in the following counties:
- Bibb County Georgia
- Chatham County Georgia
- DeKalb County Georgia
- Floyd County Georgia
- Fulton County Georgia
- Gwinnett County Georgia
- Muscogee County Georgia
- Effingham County Georgia
- Bryan County Georgia
- Atlanta Postal Credit Union (APCU)
- AstenJohnson, Inc.
- Atlanta Graphics Communications
- Association of United States Postal Lessors (AUSPL)
- Bill Rogers Engineering Associates, Inc.
- Bridge Structural, Ornamental & Reinforcing Iron Workers Union Local #387
- Center Parc Credit Union employees
- City of Forsyth
- Coker & Associates
- Conmar Form Systems
- Core Management Resources Group
- CUNA Mutual Insurance Group
- East West Express
- Enterprise Car Sales of Atlanta
- Federal government (civilian but non-postal) or a military veteran living in the state of Georgia
- Freeman Forms and Supplies, Inc.
- Greater Atlanta Postal Customer Council (GAPCC)
- Georgia Credit Union Affiliates (GCUA) including Cooperative Services, Inc. (CSI) & Georgia Central Credit Union (GCCU)
- Harland Clarke Holdings Corp.
- International Association of Financial Crimes Investigators (IAFCI)
- IBEW Local 613 building tenants
- Jack Henry & Associates
- Jack Nadel International (Atlanta, GA area)
- Lawrence Ink
- Macon Waters Works
- Manufactured Assemblies Corporation (in Georgia)
- Middle Georgia Postal Customer Council (PCC) members that reside in Georgia
- MOMA Architecture, Inc.
- National Association of Retired Postal Inspectors (NARPI)
- National General Insurance Company
- National Federal Development Association (NFDA)
- National League of Postmasters (NLPM)
- No Waite Appraising (Duluth, GA)
- National Rural Letter Carriers Associations (NRLCA)
- Open Soultions, Inc.
- Operative Plasterers' & Cement Masons' Union Local 148
- PAWS Humane, Inc.
- Plumbers, Pipefitters & Service Technicians Local Union 72
- Rexam Beverage Can
- Ser Technology Corp.
- Smith & Son's Food, Inc.
- Southeast Bankcard Association
- Thompson, O'Brien, Kemp & Nasuti
- Top Turf
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What This Means For You
When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.
APCU Routing Number
APCU's routing number is 261171163.