Looney Tunes Savings Club
Help your child learn that saving money can be fun with a little help from Bugs Bunny and his friends! Our Looney Tunes Savings Club Account teaches children sound money management skills from an early age.
- Available for children ages 0 to 9 related to or living with an APCU member
- Minimum deposit: $25
- No minimum balance to earn dividends (view rates)
- $5 “welcome” bonus when you open your child's account within 6 months of birth or adoption
- Looney Tunes Club membership card and deposit slips
- Quarterly rewards for deposits totaling $1 or more per quarter
- Annual bonus for good grades: $1 for every “A” (or equivalent) on end of year report card* up to $10 maximum
- Eligibility to open a First-Time Savers' Certificate
- Eligibility to open an Education Club Savings Account
- Annual coloring contest with $25 prize for winning entry in each age category
- Bi-annual Looney Tunes Newsletter with fun activities, stories, and comics
- Birthday card mailed specially to them (because we know kids love getting mail!)
- Unlimited access to Googolplex Five-Spot Clubhouse website
- Looney Tunes members ages 3-9 are eligible to participate in an annual Youth Month challenge to receive a special prize. (click here for details)
Googolplex's Five-Spot Clubhouse introduces elementary students to basic money concepts, addressing saving, spending, and of course, getting rich in a fun and informative way. Each week, young members will find something new: a puzzle, game, quiz, or money-making story to help them learn to save for the future, spend wisely, and borrow responsibly.
Looney Tunes Saver Club Artists (age 5-9)
Each year, the credit union holds an annual Coloring Contest for Looney Tunes savers between the ages of 5 and 9. Five winners (one in each age range) will receive a $25 deposit to their APCU savings account. Every Club member will receive a Certificate of Participation for entering. Look for the Spring issue of our Looney Tunes Newsletter for a complete listing of our Looney Tunes Coloring Contest Winners.
Not an APCU member yet? Find out if you're eligible to join!
For more information or help opening your account, visit one of our convenient branch locations or call (800) 849-8431.
Requires a parent or guardian joint owner 18 years of age or older.
*Good Grade Bonuses are paid on the end-of-the-year grading period only, in core classes such as: language arts, health, mathematics, reading, science, and social studies. Bonuses are not paid on each grading period within a school year. Kindergartners through high school seniors are eligible for the Good Grade Bonus.