Future Quest Savings and Checking Accounts
The pre-teen and early teenage years are the perfect time to help your child fully understand how money works. Set them up for success with APCU's Future Quest Savings and Checking accounts.
- Available for youth ages 10 to 14 related to or living with an APCU member
- Establishes eligibility to open a First-Time Savers' Certificate
- Establishes eligibility to open an Education Club Savings Account
- Establishes eligibility for First-Time Borrower Loans up to $300 with qualified co-signer
Future Quest Savings Account
Give your child the lifelong benefit of APCU membership and help them learn good savings habits as they watch their money grow.
- Minimum deposit: $25
- No minimum balance to earn dividends (view rates)
- Annual Good Grade Bonus: $1 for every “A” (or equivalent) on end of year report card* up to $10 maximum*
- 24/7 account access using APCU's free Internet Branch and Mobile Branch
Looney Tunes Savings Accounts will automatically convert to a Future Quest Savings Account when the member turns 10 years of age.
Future Quest Checking Account
Teach youngsters the fundamentals of managing a checking account and help them prepare for that all-important first job!
- No monthly service charges
- No per-item charges
- No minimum balance requirements
- Free first order of 50 personalized checks
- No transaction limits
- 24/7 account access using APCU's free Internet Branch
- VISA® Debit Card with unlimited transactions
Our Future Quest savings and checking account holders also enjoy extra benefits designed to make smart banking more fun.
- Annual drawing contest with $25 prize for winning entry in each age category.
- Bi-annual Future Quest newsletter
- Future Quest members are eligible to participate in an annual Youth Month challenge to receive a special prize.
- Unlimited access to the M3 Money Club Web site. The M3 Money Club Web site introduces young members to basic money concepts in a fun and informative way. With its cast of characters: Cash, Violet, Savette, and Evil Dr. Spendit, financial education has never been more fun! Enjoy comics, quizzes, podcasts, blogs, puzzles, and other activities aimed to entertain and educate your youngster with valuable money lessons.
Future Quest Artist (age 10-14)
Each year, the credit union holds an annual Drawing Contest for members between the ages of 10 and 14. Five winners (one in each age range) will receive a $25 deposit to their savings account. Every youngster will receive a Certificate of Participation just for entering. Look for the Spring Issue of our Future Quest Newsletter for a complete listing of our Future Quest Drawing Contest Winners. For details click here.
Not an APCU member yet? Find out if you're eligible to join!
For more information or help opening your account, visit one of our convenient branch locations or call (800) 849-8431.
Requires a parent or guardian joint owner 18 years of age or older.
*Good Grade Bonuses are paid on the end-of-the-year grading period only, in core classes such as: language arts, health, mathematics, reading, science, and social studies. Bonuses are not paid on each grading period within a school year. Kindergartners through high school seniors are eligible for the Good Grade Bonus.