Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
The sooner you start setting money aside for retirement, the better! An Individual Retirement Account (IRA) is a personal savings plan that gives you tax advantages. APCU can help you securely build a nest egg for your retirement with our IRA account and certificate options.
IRAs offer two great benefits:
- You may be able to deduct your annual contributions (either in part or in whole).
- Earnings are generally not taxed until you take a distribution.
IRA Savings Accounts
We offer both Traditional and Roth IRAs. There are some differences between the two in terms of taxation, income limits for contributions, and withdrawal requirements. We recommend consulting your personal tax advisor for help deciding which one is best for you.
- Minimum opening deposit: $25
- Competitive rates (view rates)
- No annual fees
- No management fees
An IRA certificate gives you the flexibility to earn higher returns for a set period of time. The longer you commit to saving, the more you'll earn!
- Minimum opening deposit: $2,000
- Terms from 12 to 60 months
- Competitive, fixed rates of return (view rates)
- Interest compounded daily and paid quarterly
Not an APCU member yet? Find out if you're eligible to join!For more information or help opening your account, visit one of our convenient branch locations or call (800) 849-8431.